Discover an attractive region
Located In the heart of the "Lovely Tauber Valley", Lauda-Königshofen offers you the ideal starting point for day trips. From the railway junction Lauda you can reach the Baroque university city of Würzburg with by train in less than 30 minutes. There is likewise a direct railway connection to the State Capital, Stuttgart. The expressway access "Tauberbischofsheim" of the A81 between Stuttgart and Würzburg can be reached by car in five minutes.
Terrific excursion possibilities are offered in the following cities and regions, which you can reach in a short time with public transportation or by car:
- Former Prince Bishop Residence (Word Cultural Heritage) with courtyard garden in Würzburg (->35 km)
- Medieval, romantic Rothenburg ob der Tauber (-> 50 km)
- Wertheim Castle and the confluence of the Main and Tauber (-> 30 km)
- Weikersheim Palace with its imposing Knights' Hall and impressing palace gardens (-> 20 km)
- Bad Mergentheim: international, highly regarded spa and former seat of the German Order (-> 10 km)
You can request additional information from the Tourism Centre "Liebliches Taubertal" e.V.